Bank Owned Properties
Bank Owned Properties have gone through a foreclosure process and an unsuccessful auction sale.This type of property is also called an REO property. If a lender or bank is the highest bidder at a foreclosure auction — or if no third party bids at the auction — the property reverts back to the lender and becomes an REO. REOs are owned by banks. Lenders go to great lengths to sell REOs. For banks, however, bank-owned homes are a liability.
One of the primary advantages of buying a bank-owned REO property is that investors are purchasing a property without liens or other encumbrances. Before lenders make REO properties available for sale, they typically expunge all liens or claims against the property. Any cloud on the title — a second or third mortgage, mechanics liens, taxes or any other liens attached by creditors — are wiped out. Moreover, skilled investors can negotiate with the lender’s loss mitigation department to discount the price to a fraction of its market value. Besides negotiating price, many buyers of REO properties also negotiate favorable lending terms below existing market rates.
For real estate investors and homebuyers, bank-owned properties and REOs offer opportunities that are not available in the pre-foreclosure and auction phase of the foreclosure process. Buying bank-owned real estate offers the foreclosure buyer many advantages:
- Bank-owned properties are usually sold at below-market prices with great terms like low down payments and low interest rates.
- Buying bank-owned properties involves less risk and less competition.
- Foreclosures that are owned by banks are usually clear of any liens that may have been recorded against the property.
- Since the seller of REO homes is also the lender, you can negotiate with the bank to have them pay for all or some of the closing costs.
- Bank-owned properties are usually vacant because the banks have evicted the previous owner, saving the investor or homebuyer time, money and emotional toll involved in the eviction process.
We’ve helped over 2,200 families find their ultimate vacation home or primary residence. Contact us to become another Davis Yoder Group satisfied customer. It’s a premium club made up of people who have sought out the best and found it.
Bank Owned Properties for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.